Reports to • Basecamp Coordinator
Basecamp Leads are responsible for daily camp duties along with disseminating information from Basecamp Coordinator to the counselors as well as implementing them during camp. Basecamp leads will also cultivate the voice of Adventure Rock through the Basecamp program while building rapport with parents, campers, and driving team morale. Basecamp leads will be asked to come in for additional help and extra-curricular projects such as, but not limited to getting additional camp supplies, first and last days of camp, and Basecamp staff meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend weekly Lead meetings with Coordinator and disseminate that information to Basecamp counselors
• Cultivate Basecamp voice and team morale
• Take inventory of camp snacks, t-shirts, workbooks, and games
• Follow the Basecamp lead shift objectives
• Maintain cleanliness of Basecamp closet and belongings
• Assist the coordinator in training new counselors
• Represent Adventure rock and Basecamp at events
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Embody the voice of Basecamp
• Ability to creatively problem solve in a group environment
• Have enthusiasm for the climbing industry and the growth of the campers
Basecamp Lead Staff are leaders of their crew. Leads will work 5 days a week as a regularly scheduled camp counselor, as well as having to open the camp every Monday and Close the Camp every Friday. Aside from regularly scheduled hours, Basecamp Lead staff may need to get supplies, organize equipment, attend meetings. Additional hours may be able to be filled out with Adventure Rock Open shifts.
Moving shipments of ropes, auto-belays, and other items in the climbing facility can be upwards of 50 pounds, you should be able to help lift and move these items. Maintenance on and behind the climbing walls requires you to spend time sitting in a harness more than or equal to 30 minutes.
Basecamp Lead Staff pay starts at $12/hr. Pay may increase based on experience.