Reports to • Program Coordinator
Adventure Rock prides itself on quality of instruction. Instructors are to be dedicated, professional, and passionate about providing a high level of instruction. Instructors are to be confident problem solvers, articulate and effective communicators, and enthusiastic with attention to individual customer needs. Instructors must be able to assess and react to individual learning styles and the differing customer’s progress throughout the program while also mitigating potential injury or risk. Other general responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, opening duties, or client check in.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet and organize incoming participants
• Provide high energy instruction while following class curriculums
• Work with a varying groups and populations in an exciting climbing atmosphere
• Encourage and promote additional or appropriate follow up classes and memberships
• Help keep the facility in good repair
• Clean up, organize, and maintain supplies required for classes
• Must be 18 year of age or older
• Previous Yoga Teaching experience with minimum of 200 hour certification or equivalent
• Ability to speak to groups and direct crowds
• Desire and enthusiasm to inform customers about membership and class options
Yoga classes run with a variety of times and days. Instructors should be comfortable leading classes of up to 15 people. Yoga rooms at Adventure Rock are multipurpose rooms and must be cleaned and configured for the events and classes post yoga sessions.
Shipments of ropes, auto belays, and other items in the climbing facility can be upwards of 50 pounds. An employee should be able to help lift and move these items.
Pay is based on experience and ability.